Contribute to Linda Gorton’s Campaign
It has been my privilege to dedicate my entire adult life to serving my community as a Registered Nurse, public servant, and volunteer. Nearly all of my service has been right here in Lexington. I’ve served as Vice Mayor and Council Member, and in leadership roles touching nearly every aspect of the city I love.
During my 16 years in elected office, I established a reputation as a committed, competent and strong leader who works to address our most difficult issues by building smart, diverse teams. Most importantly, I listen carefully to the concerns of the people I represent. I believe a government of the people works best when it listens to its people.
I want to be your mayor to lead Lexington to an ever-brighter future: the home where families are safe and welcome; the place where plentiful jobs offer purpose, security and pride; the destination city it can and should be; and where vibrant community provides a rich array of opportunity.
I look forward to serving you as we move forward together,
– Linda Gorton
I have a strong vision to lead us to these goals and the experience to guide us there together:
- I will work toward a Lexington that values all lives and opinions equally, that doesn’t limit potential based on social, economic, racial or religious identity.
- I will be a careful steward of your tax dollars, while working to remove barriers for those seeking better jobs and creating employment and job-training opportunities for our at-risk population and those re-entering the workforce.
- I will focus on a far-reaching effort to address the opioid epidemic. This crisis takes a terrible toll on our families, steals lives and increases violent crime. We must face this relentless challenge with a comprehensive strategy that values rehabilitation as well as prevention, and calls forth the best tools we can offer in law enforcement, drug courts, health care, social services, counseling, re-hab, job re-entry, and more.
- I will work to continue the growth of our downtown core, strengthen our city’s most important assets — our neighborhoods — and protect our irreplaceable natural beauty.
- I will join with you to make our city a place where all ages have opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Together, we will build on strong momentum and the lowest unemployment rate in years to attract new business, promote our agricultural industry, and strengthen our economy to make it work for everyone.
- I will develop a broad, future-looking economic strategy upon which our growth depends. That means focusing a keen eye on the effective use of public funds to achieve the greatest positive impact.
- I will push our city and schools to lock arms to ensure every child receives an equal opportunity to succeed. Education is a key component of a robust local economy, the cornerstone of a skilled workforce and the most impactful way we can set our children on a path to success.
Paid for by Linda Gorton for Mayor